“2 Blocks of Art” Party & Art Walk 2012 | SoMa
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Central Market | Sixth St. & Market St., San Francisco, CA
Friday, September 28, 2012
2 Blocks of Art: Sept. 28 | Central Market Arts Festival 2012
Join the folks behind the 24 Days of Central Market Arts Festival for their special Two Blocks of Art event on September 28 and October 19, 2012. The art walk showcases over 100 local artists in 25 locations in a neighborhood rich with culture and well known for its cutting edge arts community. The heart of the art walk is 6th & Market.
The 2012 event includes an outdoor photography installation by 6th Street residentRey Cayetano, Jr. and illustrated, life-size portraits of Central Market residents byJoel Philips, cutting edge fashions by Hector Manuel, and performances to live music by Tenderloin-based dance company Theatre Flamenco of San Francisco. Fashion designers, jewelry makers, illustrators and musicians round out this truly unique arts experience.
September 28, 2012 (4-8p)
- 2 Blocks of Art Participating Galleries & Venues [Map]
1. renoir hotel 1100 – 1108 MARKET ST.
Fly Away Productions, Holy Stitch (Trailhead),
Paul Madonna (Rio Grande Bar) and David Hegarty (Rio Grande Bar)
2. World of stereo 1080 MARKET ST.
Yeye Suárez Ensemble
3. Show Dogs 1020 MARKET ST. Shovelman
4/5. iama 1025 MARKET ST. International Art Museum of
America (Indoor) and Citizens Jazz (Outdoor)
6. camerawork 1011 MARKET ST. Gerald Slota
7. luggage store 1007 MARKET ST. Hinterlands
8/9. hospitality house c.a.p. 1009 MARKET ST.
Honeycomb and Stoneware (Indoor) and Fred Anderson (Outdoor)
10. showdown 10 SIXTH ST. Z Man
11. Dottie’s True Blue Cafe 26 – 28 SIXTH ST.
12. PRANZO PIZZA 32 SIXTH ST. Raven Voss
13. Club six 60 SIXTH ST. So You Think You Can Paint?
14. sf Barber college 64 SIXTH ST.
Inks of Truth Group Show
15. satellite 66 gallery 66 SIXTH ST.
The Pinhole Project
16. baldwin House hotel 74 – 76 SIXTH ST.
Jose Enrique Ortiz and Joel Daniel Phillips
17. Bayanihan Community center
1010 MISSION ST. Kularts
18. launderland 118 – 120 SIXTH ST. Mutual Aid
19. pontiac hotel 132 SIXTH ST. Group Show with
Judith Baker Child Development Center
20. split pea seduction 138A SIXTH ST.
21. natoma street BETWEEN 6TH AND 7TH
Arts and Crafts with SCRAP
22. 1:am gallery 1000 HOWARD ST. Reckoning
23. laura kudritzki photography/
Little Raven gallery1015 HOWARD ST.
Brenton Bostwick and Terence Lundy
24. bindlestiff theatre 185 SIXTH ST.
25. Hospitality house 169 SIXTH ST. Group Show
26. nibbi construction 496 NATOMA ST. Ray Buffalo
27. Fred’s market 157 SIXTH ST.
Mr. Odom & the Odom Poles
28. san francisco arts market
MINNA ALLEY: BETWEEN 6TH AND 5TH Art and Craft Vendors
29. Ray buffalo fine woodworking
455 MINNA ST.
30. monarch 101 SIXTH ST. 2 Blocks of Art Kick-Off Party
31. Intersection for the arts 925 MISSION ST.
32/33. Mint Plaza MINT ST. AND JESSIE ST. Intersection for
the Arts and 24 Days of Central Market Art’s Project Agora
34. CLUB OMG 43 SIXTH ST. Hector Manuel
35. sixth & Market Artismobileus/Disco Aerobics/
GamelonX presented by Burning Man
36/37/38. Warfield bldg. 982 MARKET ST.
Rey Cayetano, Jr., Theatre Flamenco of San Francisco Singers and
Todd Berman (Outdoor)
39/40. Blick art supply 979 MARKET ST.
ArtSpan Guide Launch Party (Indoor) and
Garrett Kobsef Jazz Trio (Outdoor)
41. Gray area foundation 923 MARKET ST
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
*Top Pick*, Art & Museums, San Francisco