2012 Harvest Festival: Food, Weaving & Fiber Dye Workshops | Ferry Building
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Food, Weaving & Fiber Dye Workshops | 2012 Harvest Festival | Ferry Building
- Make your own pickle with Urban Kitchen SF.
- Press apple cider with our old-fashioned apple press. This is as fresh as apple juice gets!
- Make butter using Straus organic cream.
- Stop by CUESA’s Right to Know table to learn more about Proposition 37, which will require labeling of genetically engineered foods. Get your picture taken with a “GMO Freak!”
- Watch a weaving/wool spinning demonstration with Spindles & Flyers Spinning Guild inside the Ferry Building at the south end of the hall.
11 am: Join us for a cooking demo and cookbook signing by Laura Stec of Innovative Cuisine. This event takes place in the CUESA Classroom (under the arches of the north arcade of the Ferry Building) and is free to the public, with recipes and samples for all.
11:45 am: Natural dyeing demo and book signing with Rebecca Burgess, sustainable textile expert, founder of Fibershed and Ecologicalarts, and author of Harvesting Color. Rebecca will teach how to color natural fibers red, yellow, and blue with simple methods using a root, a leaf, and a flower. “Knit Kits” will be for sale, giving you an opportunity to try a project at home. This event takes place in the CUESA Classroom (under the arches of the north arcade of the Ferry Building) and is free to the public.
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
*Top Pick*, Eating & Drinking, Fairs & Festivals, Lectures & Workshops, San Francisco Submitted by Rena Ragimova