27th Annual Discovery Day: Marine Science Open House | Tiburon
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Romberg Tiburon Center | 3150 Paradise Dr, Tiburon, CA 94920
Discovery Day is the Romberg Tiburon Center‘s annual open house, when they invite the public to visit the marine lab on the Bay and see marine science in action and it takes place from 1-5 pm on Sunday, April 23, 2017.
Free, but an RSVP is requested.
What to expect on Discovery Day 2017
- Discover some of the innovative marine science projects the scientists and students are working on together
- Help collect data to answer a research question
- Peer into a sample of bay water and explore the patterns in nature.
- Attend a special ribbon cutting ceremony (at 2 pm) for the new and improved seagrass nursery tank featuring new interpretive signs with beautiful artwork by a local artist
- Collect plankton and view it on microscopes, hold and measure invasive green crabs, help replant eelgrass in the new nursery tank, enjoy collaborative art projects and design challenges
- Be among the first to see the work of the California Coastal Commission’s K-12 2017 Coastal Art & Poetry Contest