2015 Australia Day Block Party: Free Sausages, Games & Aussie Top 100 | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
The Cosmo Bar & Lounge | 440 Broadway St. San Francisco, CA
Sunday, January 25, 2015
Australia Day Beer Olympics | Beer Olympics: Fun, Games & Cheap Beer | SF
Ring in Australia Day while enjoying Aussie-themed drinking games, Tim Tam Slams, Australian-Style Hermit Crab Racing, the ‘Neighbours’ Team Drinking Challenge, and Australian beers all while listening to Triple J’s Hottest 100 streaming live. They’ll be picking up groups of Australians that are currently traveling in SF.
Australia Day Beer Olympics & Sausage Sizzle
Sunday, January 25, 2015 | 3 pm ’til late
– The Cosmo Bar, 440 Broadway, San Francisco
– Score Bar, 490 Broadway, SF
– Horizon Lounge, 498 Broadway, SF
FREE entry to all 3 block party bars before 5 pm with Facebook RSVP and a drink special purchase. Specials include: 5 beers for $10 (3-4 pm); 5 beers for $15 (4-5 pm); and 5 beers for $20 (after 5 pm).
The Sausage Sizzle kicks off at 3 pm. The first 25 people to arrive get a free Sausage Sanga (sausage with onions and sauce on white bread).
Compete in the Best Dressed Aussie Bogan Contest, build the tallest Didgeridoo (aka: Wizard Staff) out of beer cans, eat some Snags or some Vegemite on Toast, and find some Sheilas. Fair dinkum, mate.
Please note, tournament sign ups for Aussie-themed Drinking Games are from 3-5 pm.
2015 Schedule of Events:
- 3-5 pm: Tournament sign ups for Aussie-themed Drinking Games. You must arrive by 6 pm to compete in the tournament. Sausage Sizzle and ‘Neighbors’ Team Drinking Challenge kicks off 3 pm at Score Bar.
- 6 pm: Aussie-themed Beer Olympics Games begin at Horizon Lounge. Games include: ‘Down Under’ Beer Pong, Two-Up, Aussie Thong Slide, & Boomerang Flip.
- 9 pm: Hermit Crab Racing & Best Dressed Bogan contest judging begins at Score Bar.
- 10:30 pm: Build the tallest Beer Can Didgeridoo (aka: Wizard Staff) begins at Cosmo Lounge.