Berkeley World Music Festival & Crafts Bazaar | People’s Park
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
People's Park | People's Park, Berkeley, CA
Come celebrate the 9th annual Berkeley World Music Festival with a full day of live concerts in Berkeley starting from 12pm at People’s Park and ending at 9pm at the Village. Come and celebrate world music with us. All performances are free to the public.
Enter Berkeley’s World Crafts Bazaar and you enter local culture – where artisans, musicmakers, selected local merchants with ties to music or world culture, and community intermingle.
2012 Berkeley World Music Festival Artists:
- Maria Muldaur & Red Hot Bluesiana Band - New Orleans Flavored Blues, R&B, “Swamp FunK”
- Fito Reinoso y su Ritmo y Armonia - Cuban Son, Rumba & Timba
- Druid Sisters Tree Party - Celtic Gypsy Tribal Grooves
- Patrick Landeza & Friends - Hawaiian Slack-Key Guitar
- Bouchaib Abdelhadi - Middle Eastern
- Duo Gadjo - From Gypsy Jazz to Delta Blues
- Fely Tchaco - Afro Pop & Ivory Coast Tribal
- Baron Rubenbauer - Neo-classical, Spain to India
- Trio Garufa - Tango Argentino
- True Life Trio - Balkan & Beyond
- Sadza Marimba & Mbira - Zimbabwean Dance Music
- Simcha - Klezmer
- Ultra World X-Tet - Jazz Fusion
- Alex “the Kombrig” Yaskin - World Accordion Music
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
Berkeley, Free, Live Music
Categories: *Top Pick*, East Bay, Live Music, Recurring – Annual - June, Shopping & Fashion