Chicken John’s Crazy Block Party Extravaganza | SoMa
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Minna Street | Minna and 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA
To celebrate the launch of his brand new book, Chicken John is not only hosting a book launch party at 111 Minna, but he’s actually closed down the entire block for a big late-night street party with over 130 pranksters, musicians, artists and strange & wonderful performers taking over SoMa.
Expect to see art cars, brass bands and trucks with stuff in ‘em, a dozen giant sculptures, aerial acts stuff from Jay Broemell, Cyclecide, the band Spacekraft playing but ya gotta listen with headphones, the Neverwas trolley car and on and on… tons of stuff… all free. 7pm until late. Free.
Chicken John’s “The Book of the Is” Block Party
Friday, September 30, 2011 (7p-2a)
Minna between 2nd St. and New Montgomery
Other Block Party Shenanigans:
- The Art of Bleeding: A tragically misguided children’s show featuring gore-drenched actors, pedantic Safety Ape, bickering robot, and an ample array of attendant nurses in less-than-ample wardrobe teaching driver’s safety amid the wreckage of smoldering, crashed automobiles!
- Fight your inner demons and emerged cleansed and clear from our Demon Purging Booth
- Supersnail portrait gallery, author of the excellent book: The People of Burning Man
- Lost Municipal Library of Brigadoon (Check out a book for 100 years)
- Mirium on the trapeze!
- An art car or 2…
- Doggie Diner Heads
- Michael Christian is bringing a sculpture!
- Tom Sepe and his Whirligig!
- Kimrick & Shannons trolley car and Caliope
- Institute from the future booth
- Jason Broemell and his canoe bike
- Charlie Gadeken’s Aperion, a 14′ tall singing tesla flower sculpture
- Scott Oscliator will bring Luxopolis!
- Sasha Leitman and the magic barrels of Tshognith
About the Book: The Book of the Is: Fail To Win is a book from Chicken John about how to give up and just accept failure. Proceeds of the book benefit Chicken John’s art space/dorm room called Chez Poulet.
Can you travel the country in a circus with zero talent? What happens if you run for mayor as a joke and no one gets it?
The book features 223 pages of lies, propaganda and brutal truths that will change the way you think. It’s a self harm book that encourages engineered failure as an exercise in something you already know: you don’t really want what you think you want.