2014 Chinese Spring Festival | Chinatown
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Chinese Culture Center | 750 Kearny St, 3rd Floor. San Francisco, CA
The Chinese Cultural Center hosts their annual Spring Festival on February 15, 2014 to help celebrate The Year of the Horse
The largest annual indoor Chinese New Year celebration at the Chinese Culture Center of San Francisco, features performances from traditional and contemporary Chinese dance, art exhibits, martial arts, calligraphy, ballet, lion dance, and more activities. The 2014 theme is “New School Old School.”
The Center is located on the 3rd floor of the Chinatown Hilton (750 Kearny Street).
- Yau Kung Moon - one of the best martial arts, lion dance, and dragon dance organizations in the world with over several thousand members and they are the 7-time undefeated National Lion Dance Champions.
- China Dance Theatre - showcases traditional and modern dances from various ethnic groups in China and is dedicated to the education, study, and performance of the art of Chinese dance.
- Pacific Wushu - hands-on, in-depth instruction in modern Chinese martial arts. World-class instructors Phillip Wong and Zhang Hong Mei will give individual performances as well as an ensemble performance.
- Shan Yee Poon Ballet - classical western ballet, Chinese traditional dance, hip-hop, and jazz. 2013 Miss America runner-up Crystal Lee studied at the school.
- Master Debbie Au – leads a small group of Taiji performers in tai chi and meditative dance.
- Calligraphy Art Workshop - Justin Hoover and Chris Treggiari of SanFranStudios will work with Golden Mountain Calligraphy Society using light tables and video projection to make live video images of the calligraphy so it seems to write itself without any human intervention.
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
**Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, Lunar New Year, San Francisco, Theater & Performance