Get ready for two full days of sunny, outdoor Cinco de Mayo revelry on May 4 & 5, 2013 with piñatas, music, lots of Corona, Sangria, Margaritas and tacos… oh the tacos.
We will have 11 trucks each day – including some of SF’s best traditional Mexican taco trucks, plus other trucks offering their own unique spin on this classic Mexican street food.
Funcheap’s Cinco de Mayo Taco Festival & Piñata Party
Sat & Sun, May 4-5, 2013 (11a-7p)
SoMa StrEat Food Park, 428 11th St.
FREE with Facebook RSVP
- A bevy of food trucks & carts cooking up lots of tacos
- Margaritas w/ agave wine & fresh lime juice
- Margaritas w/ fresh puree watermelon
- Sangria specials
- Corona beer bucket specials
- Live Salsa Band on (Sunday Noon-2p)
- DJ spinning festive Cinco de Mayo & Mexican tunes (both days)
- >> Piñatas filled with treats (both days)
- Corn Hole (both days)
- Mexican Beer Pong (both days)
Admission is FREE with RSVP, but bring cash for your tacos and beer! – Rain or Shine
Tacos, Tacos, Tacos!!
WEEKEND FOOD TRUCK LINEUP
Each truck will be cooking up their own unique version of tacos – some traditional, some creative (lineup subject to change and varies each day)
- ANGELICA’S TAQUERIA – Old school Mexican taco truck
- TACOS EL TUCA – Old school Mexican Taco Truck
- EL CALAMAR: Peruvian grilled fish tacos
- NAKED CHORIZO chorizo tacos and soyrizo tacos
- KUNG FU TACOS: Asian topped with asian aside steak, nun chuk chicken or tai chi tofu with red onions, cilantro and kung fu sauce
- BOBCHA: Korean tacos with bulgogi, kimchi and spicy cream sauce
- THE DOSA REPUBLIC: Uttapam tacos with your choice of beef, chicken, or paneer.
- HONGRY KONG: Hong Kong style tacos with beef, chicken or fish.
- ME SO HUNGRY: Make any slider a taco
- WE2SUSHI: Rice cracker taco with spicy marinated raw fish, edamame hummus, citrus aioli, nori and 7 Japanese spices
- VOODOOVAN: Skirtlifter Taco: Jerk marinated steak and cosmic coleslaw on a corn tortilla
- MANNAJPT – “Sushi Taco” with spicy tuna or shrimp tempura, avocado and spicy mayo
- SMOKIN’ WAREHOUSE – BBQ pulled pork tacos
- FROZEN KUHSTERD – Butter Cinnamon Sugar’ed Flour Tortilla, filled with vanilla frozen custard, topped with fruit pico de gallo and cottage cheese
- GOLDEN WAFFLE – Mexican style waffle topped with dulce de leche
- CANDYBAR – Homemade Choco Taco
Get dressed up and ready to party
Pinatas! Get ready to take aim… we’ve got pinatas both days filled with treats. (yes, adults are allowed to play)