AT&T Park Baseball Festival
Get lessons from celebrity coaches, practice your swing in the batting cages, run the bases, dribble a basketball on a half-court hardwood floor court (built right on the field), go on a ballpark tour and let the kids play in the Children’s Fairyland Kids’ Zone.
Relax in the Beer Garden (with beer for purchase), and take pictures in the dugout with the 2012 World Series Trophy. Watch the Splash Hits Derby Contest to see who can slug the ball out into McCovey Cove.
Take the Field 2013
Saturday, August 17, 2013 (1-5p)
AT&T Park, SF
FREE but there is a $5 suggested donation
>> Pre-register here
Donations benefit “Coaching Corps” which helps bring volunteer coaches and team sports to kids in struggling communities
In addition to baseball, there will also be many other Sports Stations (geared towards all ages, adults included) including basketball, volleyball, lacrosse, football and other sports with tips and guidance by professional coaches and athletes.
- Dave Stewart of the Oakland A’s, 3-time World Series Champion and World Series MVP (’89)
- Dave Henderson (aka Hendu), World Series Champion (’89)
- Rickey Henderson MLB Hall-of-Famer, World Series Champion
- Amy Gutierrez, Comcast SportsNet Bay Area In-Game Reporter
- Bret Hedican, two-time U.S. Olympian
- Dave Dravecky, San Francisco Giant Pitcher (1982-1987)
- Ahmed Fareed, studio host and reporter for Comcast SportsNet Bay Area
- Sonny Dykes, Head Football Coach at California
- Cynthia Barboza, outside hitter for the U.S. National Women’s Volleyball team
“Take the Field” is organized by Coaching Corps and takes place on Saturday, August 17, 2013, and not on April 27 as was originally posted. Please note, originally the event was free with RSVP, or $20 at the door, but the event organizers have updated their admission policy.
Submitted by Johnny Funcheap