Free Late Night Bus: Bar Hopping in Oakland
Cruise through Oakland’s Chinatown and Civic Center, whether it be on the way to your office or the Uptown with the Free B Downtown Oakland Shuttle.
Offering service from BART, the Alameda/San Francisco Ferry and Amtrak Capitol Corridor to downtown Oakland offices, with stops on the weekends along Telegraph Ave. and the Uptown area, the “Free B” shuttle (the “B” stands for “Broadway”) can take you everywhere from work to your late-night watering hole.
“Free B Shuttle”
Weekend Night Destinations
Every 15 minutes on Friday/Saturday nights until 1am
– Paramount Theater
– Fox Theater
– The Uptown
– Telegraph Ave.
– Cafe Van Kleef
– BART (19th and 12th Streets)
– Arts District (For 1st Friday’s Art Murmur)
– Jack London Square (Yoshi’s, Regal Cinema and for last ferry back to SF)
– plus tons more bars & restaurants in Uptown, Chinatown, Valdez Traingle, Old Oakland, Jack London Square and Lake Merritt.
Check out the full route map to plan your next trip with their Downtown Restaurant & Nightlife Guide (PDF), and just be sure to keep a look out for a shuttle with the green “B on Broadway” sign, so that you can be on your way to the bar, club or even your cubicle.
Downtown Oakland Shuttle “B”
Weekend Nights until 1am
- Friday Nights (7p-1a): between Embarcadero West (Jack London Square) and 27th Street. Shuttles run every 15 minutes.
- Saturday Nights (6p-1a): between Embarcadero West (Jack London Square) and 27th Street. Shuttles run every 15 minutes.
- Monday-Friday (7a-7p): between Embarcadero West (Jack London Square) to Grand Avenue. Shuttles run every 10 minutes during commute hours and lunchtime, and every 15 minutes otherwise.
Photo Credit: Michael Macor / The Chronicle
Submitted by Sandra Song