Instagram Scavenger Hunt
An Instameet with a historical twist, join an Instagram scavenger hunt and panel discussion inspired by the exhibition “The Radical Camera: New York’s Photo League 1936–1951″ on Sunday, January 13, 2013.
Participation in the scavenger hunt earns you free admission to the Contemporary Jewish Museum, where you can get lost in mid-century New York…until it’s time to win a $200 gift certificate to Photojojo.
- 1–3 pm Meet on the Plaza in front of the Contemporary Jewish Museum to receive your scavenger hunt assignments. Winner of the hunt will be determined by expert judges.
- 3–3:30 pm Show an #SFphotohunt entry and receive free admission to the Museum.
- 3:30-4 pm We’ve come a long way since the 35mm camera first gave the Photo Leaguers the ability to take photography to go. Grab a complimentary Taylor’s Tonic from the Fizzary, purveyors of all things old-timey, sweet, and bubbly, and listen in on a panel discussion on mobile photography with our esteemed judges including Pete Kiehart, SF Chronicle Visuals Editor; Vince Donovan, Photographer and Owner of Photobooth; Travis Jensen, SF Street Photographer.
- 4 pm Winners Announced: Best photo of the day receives a $200 gift certificate to Photojojo, and best photo from the #SFphotohunt contest overall wins a Lytro camera.
- 4:15-5 pm The museum is open until 5 pm.
Submitted by Johnny Funcheap