SF Free Folk Festival
On June 8-9, 2013 from noon to 10pm the festival celebrates with 14 stages of non-stop folk of all kinds from all over the world: There’s 60+ free live concerts, a folk film festival and over 100 music and dance workshops.
You can learn anything from beginning guitar, to barbershop quartet harmonies, to yodeling to Downton Abbey-style waltz dancing – all for free.
San Francisco Free Folk Festival
Saturday & Sunday, June 8-9, 2013 (Noon to 10pm)
Presidio Middle School, 450 30th Ave. (@ Geary), SF
Easy access by the 38 Geary.
Free Concert & Dance Performance Highlights
- The T Sisters – genuine three part harmonies – Sat 6/8 at 7:10pm
- Bollywood Fire - Bollywood freestyle & bhangra – Sun 6/9 at 2:45pm
- Kapalakiko Hawaiian Band – with hawaiian dancers – Sun 6/9 at 6:15pm
- Quake City Jug Band – old fashioned jig w/ swing dancers – Sun 6/9 at 7:55pm
- Anne & Pete Sibley, voted top Americana duo by Prairie Home Companion – Sat 6/8 at 6pm
all in all there’s 60+ free concert and dance performances over the two days
Free Music & Dance Workshop Highlights
- Learn Downton Abbey-style Edwardian waltzes – Sat 6/8 at Noon
- Sing Barbershop Quartet harmonies – Sat 6/8 at 2pm
- Learn yodeling - Sat 6/8 at 3pm
- Improv “Roundsinging” About Food – Sat 6/8 at 4pm
- Learn three Beatles songs on Guitar – Sun 6/9 at Noon
- Junk Band – build your own instruments from trash – Sun 6/9 at 2pm
Submitted by Johnny Funcheap