1,000 Free Thanksgiving Dinners | Livermore
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Bothwell Arts Center | 2466 8th St., Livermore, CA
For the 32nd year in a row the Livermore Community Thanksgiving Dinner will serve over 1,000 free hot meals, from turkey to desserts, in a full holiday atmosphere from noon to 5 pm on Thursday, November 27, 2014.
Redefine “extended family” and spend the day with other singles, newcomers to the community, seniors, veterans from the VA hospital and other happy stragglers. The organizers will even be delivering hundreds more meals to those unable to come to the center.
Want to Volunteer?
There are more ways to help:
- You can help set up and decorate Wednesday, Nov 26th starting at 7 pm
- Or help prepare food Thanksgiving morning at the Veterans Memorial bldg, South L St at 5th St, starting at 8 am
- Or enjoy some great food and visit with other community members at the dinner from noon to 5 pm.
- Or help clean up starting at 4:30 Thursday and/or Friday morning at 10 am.
- You don’t have to sign up for these jobs, just show up and pitch in.
Donations are always welcome, from desserts, turkey-cooking, canned goods and monetary donations. If you’d rather donate your time, your help with clean-up on Thursday evening and Friday morning will be greatly appreciated.
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
community, dinner, holiday, Thanksgiving, Turkey
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Charity & Volunteering, East Bay, Eating & Drinking, Free Food, Thanksgiving