1,000 Free Thanksgiving Dinners | Livermore
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Bothwell Arts Center | 2466 8th St., Livermore, CA
For the 33nd year in a row the Livermore Community Thanksgiving Dinner will serve over 1,000 free hot meals, from turkey to desserts, in a full holiday atmosphere from 1 pm to 5 pm on Thursday, November 26, 2015.
Redefine “extended family” and spend the day with other singles, newcomers to the community, seniors, veterans from the VA hospital and other happy stragglers. The organizers will even be delivering hundreds more meals to those unable to come to the center.
Want to Volunteer?
There are more ways to help:
- You can volunteer to cook turkeys at your home. They’ll provide the turkeys and pans, and they ask them to cook and deliver them to the hall at a specified time. Call 455-9782.
- Or help contribute the desserts (pies, cakes, etc.) to the dinner. Desserts can be brought to the hall after 7:00 PM on Wednesday Nov. 25th, but preferably on Thursday morning, Nov. 26th.
- Or enjoy some great food and visit with other community members at the dinner from 1 pm to 5 pm.
- Or help clean up starting at 10 am Friday.
- You don’t have to sign up for these jobs, just show up and pitch in.
Donations are always welcome, from desserts, turkey-cooking, canned goods and monetary donations. If you’d rather donate your time, your help with clean-up on Thursday evening and Friday morning will be greatly appreciated.
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
community, dinner, holiday, Thanksgiving, Turkey
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Charity & Volunteering, East Bay, Eating & Drinking, Free Food, Thanksgiving