Coral Reef NightLife | California Academy of Sciences
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
California Academy of Sciences | 55 Music Concourse Drive, San Francisco, CA
Thursday, June 8, 2017
“NightLife” at California Academy of Sciences | Thursdays
Everything’s better under the sea: Join them in celebrating World Oceans Day and the beauty and wonder of coral reefs. Enjoy a nighttime dive show in their Philippine Coral Reef tank and marvel at the out-of-this-world scratching skills of local celeb DJ QBert.
- Learn about the Academy’s long history of marine exploration in the Philippines, home to some of the most biologically diverse coral reefs in the world, and hear directly from the Philippine Consulate about efforts to protect them.
- Meet scientists as they share specimens and stories from the Coral Triangle.
- Drink for good with Dogfish Head’s SeaQuench Ale, a session sour beer made in partnership with the National Aquarium of Baltimore to promote sustainability within the seafood industry, among other initiatives.
- Make your own underwater soundtrack with the Seaquence app, a music production tool that lets you create soundscapes by animating alien-like sea creatures.
- Continue on your knowledge and skill-building evening with an underwater photography demo and a lesson on sustainable seafood with Scripps Institution of Oceanography.