2014 Debardchery: Archery, Bardic Poetry & Silly Games | Pacifica
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
San Francisco Archers Range | Gunrange Rd, Pacifica, CA
The Shire of Cloondara (the San Francisco branch of the Society for Creative Anachronisms, who re-create the customs, combat, and courtesies of the Middle Ages) invites you to attend “DeBARDchery,” the annual archery and bardic tournament.
Watch people dressed in middle ages garb match their mirth, merriment, and archery skills (including using novelty targets) followed by a medieval poetic composition.
Saturday, August 16, 2014 | 10 am to 5 pm
SF Archers Range, Gunrange Rd, Pacifica, CA
Please note, they have a new site this year in Pacifica, not in Golden Gate Park.
The theme 2014′s bardic competition is “King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table.”
Wear Medieval Garb: Participants are expected to make an attempt at medieval clothing. Free medieval loaner tunics and accessories are available, but it’s best to put together your own medieval ensemble beforehand.
Bring a dish to share: There will be a free lunch, but please contribute a dish based on your name: A-J: side/salad; K-R: dessert; S-Z: main dish. The hungry archers will appreciate it.
- Archer’s Auction (Buy an archer and if they win you get the prize)
- Novelty shoot (Shooting competition involving theme-based targets)
- Archery Competition (Shooting from different ranges and for speed)
- Archery Competition continues
- Silly games (Competitive games suitable for children and the young at heart)
- Bardic Competition (Competition in poetry, story-telling, or singing to select a new Bard of Cloondara)
If you’re an archer, bring your bow and arrows (no compound or crossbows, please). If you’re a bard, bring your dramatic and musical talents (no amplified sound please, but lutes, flutes, lyres, tambourines, and guitars are welcome).