Earth Day 2014 Festival | Civic Center
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Civic Center Plaza | Larkin Street and Grove Street, San Francisco, CA
Earth Day Festival | San Francisco
Saturday, April 19, 2014 | 10 am to 6 pm
Civic Center and UN Plaza, SF
The event features three stages of multi-cultural music and performance, renowned keynote speakers, interactive DIY workshops, green-economy and businesses info, representatives from indigenous community leaders, civic agencies, youth groups, green jobs info, eco-fashion and art, organic cooking demos, a huge Green Kids Zone and an eco-carnival.
2014 Activities & Entertainment
- Native American Blessing Ceremony
- Yaocwawhtli – Aztec Dance
- Danza Del Verado – Youth Latino Dance troupe
- Cuicall Escuela de’Danza – Dance Troupe
- Living Tree belly dance performance
Main Stage: Mother Earth Stage
- New Monsoon & The Earth Day All Star Band (members of ALO, JGB & Rat Dog)
- Luminaries with DJ Sol Rising (conscious hip-hop)
- Audiopharmacy (Indigenous roots rock reggae)
- J. Boogie Dubtronic
- Trevor Green (one man Earth band)
- Kafana Balkan Beat
- Cosmos Percussion Orchestra
- People Power Band
Planet Dance Stage – Dance for your Planet with some very special DJs
- 10 – 11:45 am: Good Times Yoga with Nona Bender and the Fenders will rock out and yoga out for your morning delights. She is an Earth Day favorite, so come on out have a tasty juice and join Good Times Yoga.
- Noon to 6 pm: Think You Can DJ Game Show with Ken Jordan of The Crystal Method as MC and following the game show, Ken will spin. Come join other SF DJ favorites i.e Ben Seagren of Distrikt and LOVE Jocelyn of Club Exotica.
- Internationally Recognized Speakers: BILL MCKIBBEN – Bestselling author and environmentalist, Leila Salazar- Lopez [Amazon watch], Kevin Danaher [Green Festivals Director], Dr. Margaret Lowman,[Director Chief of Sciences and Sustainability at Cal Academy of Sciences] and many more, will grace our stage and engage the public in stimulating and educational discussion
- Earth-Friendly Fashion: throughout the day & Eco-Fashion Shows: Top Earth-Friendly Designers and Youth Fashion Groups on display
- Eco-Exhibitors: More than 80 Earth-Friendly Products, Green-Fashion, and Handmade Crafts
- Organic Food & Beer Court: Healthy Food and Organic Beer served throughout the day
- Green D.I.Y. Zone: This hands-on ‘Do It Yourself’ Section will feature classes in converting your car to electric power, building a solar oven, building your own bike, and many other family fun activities.
- Permaculture Zone: Presenting an exciting array of ongoing creations and workshops with Permaculturist , Living Mandala’s Jay Ma, Gray Water/Rainwater Demos, Cob Hut Creation, Earth Mandala, Worm Farm Workshop, Urban Gardening, Common Vision Tree Grafting Intro, and a Vertical Garden Installation.
- Clean Energy Zone- Electric Car Showcase, Bio-Diesel and Demos on Wind, Water and Solar-Driven Energy (as well as a few Eco-Art Cars).
- Youth in Action Zone: Leaders from Green Youth-in-Action Groups, such as “Teen-Turn Green”, “Challenge Day”, Generation Wake Up and many others, speak out on Cutting-Edge Environmental Topics
- Sustainable Chef Showcase – All Day Cooking Demos
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Earth Day, Fairs & Festivals, KFOG, Live Music, San Francisco