Home » **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, San Francisco, Sports & Wellness
2017 Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon & Fitness Festival | Marina Green
We’ll never know for sure if prisoners escaped from the Rock while it was a federal prison, but on Sunday, at least 2,000 will make their successful escape.
Features of the Race:
- 1.5 mile swim from Alcatraz Island to shore
- 18-mile bike race
- 8-mile run
On Sunday, June 11, 2017, some of the world’s top athletes will take over the streets and waters of San Francisco to compete in the prestigious Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon. You’re invited to watch from the sidelines on the Marina Green.
Best Viewing Spot: Free for Spectators – Marina Green is a great place to watch the swim and swim start. Marina Green Beach, just west of St. Francis Yacht Club, is a great place to watch the swim and swim exit. Marina Green is the best place to watch transition. Marina Blvd is a great place to watch a portion of the bike and run portion of the race. There will be grandstands along both sides of the finish chute to watch participants finish the race.
23rd Annual Escape From Alcatraz Fitness Festival & Expo
– Saturday, June 10, 2017 | 11 am to 6 pm
– Sunday, June 11, 2017 | 7:00 am to 2:30 pm
Marina Green, San Francisco
Located at the finish line of the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon, the 23rd Annual Fitness Festival & Expo will showcase the latest products and services from the health and fitness industry. Festival elements include 40 vendor booths, a food court, beer garden, and experiential displays all designed to entertain the 20,000 spectators who annually congregate on the Bay Area’s Marina Green to participate in the event.
Schedule for Sunday, June 11, 2017
- 4-6 am: Transition Area Open – Marina Green
- 4:30-6 am: Shuttles Depart for Pier 3 – Marina Green
- 7 am: Festival Village Open – Marina Green
- Start: Boat Departs for Alcatraz Pier 3
- 7:30 am: Swim Start – Marina Green
- 9:30 am: First Professional Finisher – Marina Green
- 12:00 pm: Awards Presentation – Marina Green
- 2:30 pm: Fitness Festival Closed – Marina Green
*Free for spectators; there's a fee to compete, of course.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, Fairs & Festivals
, San Francisco
, Sports & Wellness
Address: Marina Blvd & Fillmore St., San Francisco CA
Submitted by Lorie