2015 “Come Out & Play” Festival | SF
The Come Out & Play Festival is back celebrating a fifth year of bringing play to the Bay with new and innovative real-world games happening all over San Francisco.
This year’s Come Out & Play SF festival will take place September 13-19, 2015 with a wide range of games and events.
Sunday, September 13: Undercover Capture the Flag
Undercover Capture The Flag is a fun and accessible game of stealth, surveillance, and territory control. Sneak around in enemy territory to find and steal flags while protecting your own, but make sure you don’t let the opposing team (or any innocent shoppers) know that you’re playing.
Wednesday, September 16: Jericho — The Urban Spy Game
Union Square, SF
Jericho is an Urban Game that is a battle of wits, because everyone is a spy. Think of it as a game of capture the flag played in public.
We meet every month to play rain or shine, day or night. All that is needed to play is a Nerf pistol, a bandana, a healthy imagination, and an uncanny ability to hide in plain sight. All games are usually played in downtown SF. No advance preparation needed. Just show up at the meeting spot with your gun & bandana. Cellphones are not required, but suggested.
Friday, September 18: An evening of conversation (and games)
Treat Social Club, 400 Treat St, SF
Come out for an evening of conversation and games hosted by Heather Browning Behavioral Designer and Executive Director of COAP SF.
- Rebecca Power of Quixote Games: “Put Yourself in Play”
- Albert Alexander of Appetite Obscure: “High Stakes: playing without a safety net.”
- Katherine Isbister founding director of the Game Innovation Lab at NYU: “Costumes as Game Controllers: An Indie/Research Collaboration”
- Catherine Herdlick founder of COAP SF: “Creating Play Spaces”
Saturday, September 19: Festival Day and Family Day
11 am to 5 pm
Gray Area Art + Technology, 2665 Mission St, San Francisco
(Please Note: This event does NOT take place at Civic Center as was originally posted.)
In its sixth year of celebrating play by the Bay, Come Out & Play SF continues the tradition of bringing new and innovative real-world games to San Francisco at the Festival Day and Family Day at Gray Area Art + Technology, 2665 Mission St, San Francisco.
- Marionette Soccer – Soccer, but with partners, hula hoops, and chaos
- Rose Macbeth – A blindfolded knife fight in a graveyard, need we say more?
- Family Day presented by Poppy Cat – games for kids of all ages, including Short Order, Poppy Cat Adventures, and more