2013 Family Kite Day Festival | Presidio
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Main Post Lawn | 103 Montgomery Street, Main Post, Presidio, San Francisco, CA
Watch spectacular kites fly high above the Presidio including the acrobatic kites of world champions to the hand-made entries of amateurs. Free kites will be provided to “kids of all ages.”
The Family Day Kite Festival, which has been held in San Francisco since 1978, will bring its color and magic to the Presidio’s beautiful Main Parade Ground for 2013.
This event features a free make-a-kite pavilion for the kids, kite-flying contests for professionals and amateurs, and a special appearance by Disney legend and kite artist Tyrus Wong.
Family Kite Day
August 17, 2013 | 11 am-5 pm
Main Parade Ground, Presidio, San Francisco
- Free kite-making for kids at the Walt Disney Family Museum Make-a-Kite Pavilion
- Special guest: celebrated artist and kite maker Tyrus Wong
- Kite-flying contests for amateurs and professionals
- Giant and miniature “show kites”
- Champion aerobatic & stunt kite fliers
- Catch-a-Kite-Tail Contest
- “Kitelift” free candy drop
Please note, this event was originally scheduled for June 8-9, 2013 at Marina Green, but the event was rscheduled and moved to The Presidio due to America’s Cup activities in the Marina.
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
**Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, KFOG, Kids & Families, San Francisco