Fermentation Festival & Hands-On Workshops | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
The School Farm | 555 Portola Drive, San Francisco, CA
Come to ECOSF for another day of preserving the harvest on August 26, 2012. This time they’ll be brewing, fermenting and pickling.
Check out hands-on workshops on homebrewing, including herbal and medicinal brews, sauerkraut and kimchi making, kombucha and other powerful probiotic preservations. As always, the ovens will be blazing and they’ll provide the dough, so bring some pizza toppings or other local, seasonal fare to share and compare at our ultra-local potluck.
Fermentation Festival & Hands-On Workshops | ECOSF School Farm
- 11am-Fire up oven, morning refreshments courtesy of Arizmendi Bakery
- 12pm- Homebrewing including herbal and medicinal brews
- 1pm- Break for lunch and oven fresh pizzas
- 2pm- Kimchi and Suaerkraut making
- 3pm- Kombucha and other fresh ferments
- Late Afternoon- More work and hanging out, conversatin, eatin and being merry
- Solar ovens
- Dehydrators (if it’s sunny)
- Rocket stove
- Compost toilet
- Pedal power
- Earthen structures
- Cob oven
What to Bring:
- Pizza toppings or some other local, seasonal fare to share and compare at our ultra-local potluck
- Your own utensils
- Musical instruments, parlor tricks and special talents are always welcome too