Best of the Albany FilmFest: Short Films & Free Popcorn | Alameda
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Rhythmix Cultural Works | 2513 Blanding Ave., Alameda, CA 94501
See Albany FilmFest’s Greatest Hits at Rhythmix Cultural Works in Alameda on February 8, 2013.
This special one-hour-plus selection is a quirky and eclectic mix of family-friendly animated, narrative, and documentary shorts directed by adult and youth filmmakers from the past two years.
The films, which range from 44 seconds to 16 minutes, average about 5 minutes each, including:
- Desperate Crossing, about a criminal with a urgent problem, an animation by MinSeok Jeon
- Youth 13-17 director Rachel Sonnenberg’s touching film The Locket, in which a little girl finds a locket in Grandma’s yard
- I Love You, Houseplant, an offbeat film about a man who visits his doctor with a very unusual complaint, directed by Ari Sigal
- Come to the Table, from Youth 13-17 director Zoe Salnave, a look inside Berkeley’s Edible Schoolyard Project, was screened at the White House
- Lego Invisible Spy, an unforgettable 1 minute and 35 seconds, created by Youth 6-12 director Nico Chavez and much more.
The Third Annual Albany FilmFest is coming to Albany on Saturday March 2, 2013, so this special screening at Rhythmix is a great way to see what the festival is all about. As always, there will be free popcorn for all filmgoers.
Links: Event detailsCost: $5
East Bay, Movies