Fillmore Jazz Festival 2012 | Saturday
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Fillmore District | Fillmore Street and Geary Street, San Francisco, CA
The 2012 Fillmore Jazz Festival returns with live music from morning to evening taking over the streets on three stages on Saturday and Sunday. The largest free Jazz festival on the West Coast, it draws over 90,000 visitors. All performances are free.
The festival takes place on July 7 & 8, 2012 from 10am- 6pm on Fillmore Street in San Francisco Between Jackson and Eddy Streets.
There will also be several blocks of fine art and crafts and enjoy gourmet food and beverages. Asian to Cajun, paintings to pottery, old favorites and new directions, the Fillmore Jazz Festival is not to be missed.
Schedule of Performances
Saturday, July 7, 2012
California Street Stage
- 10:00 – 11:00 Radio Jazz
- 11:35 – 12:45 Foxtails Brigade
- 1:15 – 2:25 TSP: The Song Project
- 2:55 – 4:00 Contemporary Jazz Orchestra
- 4:30 – 6PM Kim Nalley – Dedicated to Etta James
Sutter Street Stage – Beyond Stage
- 10:00 – 11:30 Dana Leong
- 12:00 – 1:30 West African Hi Life Band
- 2:10 – 3:40 Locura
- 4:15 – 6:00 Jai Uttal and the Queen of Hearts Orchestra
Eddy Street Stage
- 10:00 – 11:00 Carlos Zalcito – (R & B)
- 12:00 – 1:30 Dwight Carrier – (Blues Zydeco)
- 2:00 – 4:00 Bobbie Webb & The Smooth Blues Band Show (Featuring) Vinnie Florres and Paul Palizzola a.k.a Paul From The Streets
- 4:30 – 6:00 The King Brothers
Jazz History of Fillmore: This festival harkens back to the great, jazzy days of Fillmore Street, when dozens of clubs hosted the likes of Ella Fitzgerald, Duke Ellington, Count Basie, and Billie Holliday. At the legendary Jimbo’s, Louis Armstrong went to check out Charlie Parker (the only known time they were under the same roof).
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
Art, Concert, crafts, Entertainment, Festival, Food, fun, Jazz, music, Performance
Categories: *Top Pick*, Live Music, Recurring – Annual - July, San Francisco