Home » *Top Pick*, Live Music, San Francisco
Moonalice: Psychedelic Rock Concert & Free Poster | Union Square Live
The 2018 Union Square Live festival presents dozens of free events like live music, swing and tango dance lessons, film nights, circus arts, and more in Union Square Park from May through October.
Union Square Live | 2018
May to October
Union Square Park, SF
All events are free and open to the public
Please note as far as we can tell, the 2018 kickoff is May 6 and not May 4th as was previously listed.
May 2018 Dates
- Sunday, May 6: 2-4 pm — Tango in the Square (DJ/Dance Lesson) with Bay Area Argentine Tango Association
- Wednesday, May 9: 6-8 pm — Jinx Jones & King-Tones (Rock/Oldies)
- Sunday, May 13: 2-4 pm — Crosscut (Blues/Rock)
- Wednesday, May 16: 6-8 pm — Stompy Jones (Swing/Blues)
- Sunday, May 20: 2-4 pm — Manring, Kassin, Burr (Avant-Garde/Jazz)
- Wednesday, May 23: 6-8 pm — Moonalice (American Roots/Folk)
- Sunday, May 27: 2-4 pm — Matt Jaffe (Indie/Rock)
- Wednesday, May 30: 12:30-1:30 pm — The Alcatraz Islanders (Hawaiian/Jazz)
June/July/August/September/October Schedules coming soon
Moonalice is a band of hippie musicians from California with no label, no manager, no publicist, no problems, and lots of fans.
They’re made up of seasoned players exploring new musical territory with a passion. Pete Sears (Jefferson Starship, Rod Stewart), Barry Sless (Phil Lesh & Friends, David Nelson Band), Ann & Roger McNamee (Flying Other Brothers), and John Molo (Bruce Hornsby, Phil Lesh & Friends) conjure up a heady brew of roots, rock, rhythm-and-blues, and more, peppered with spirited doses of improvisation and surprise.
Everyone is a part of the experience and the music inspires dancing and other acts of self expression. Every show has an original art poster created by a well-known artist memorializing that event and given to all attendees…each poster has its own Moonalice legend. All concerts are broadcasted live in HD and available in archive shortly after their set.
Categories: *Top Pick*
, Live Music
, San Francisco
Address: Geary and Powell, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by Rena