Creative Workshop Mashup: DJ Skills & Paper Making | SoMa
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
SOMArts Cultural Center | 934 Brannan St. San Francisco, CA 94103
Want to learn a new creative skill? Sign up to attend two randomly assigned creative workshops at the SOMArts Cultural Center. After your workshops, enjoy film screenings by Fatema Abdoolcarim, Seamus Harte and David Olsson.
Workshop offerings include:
- How to Scratch Vinyl like a DJ with Dan Battle
- Editing Critique Session for Artists and Everyone Else with Seamus Harte
- Paper Making from Your Recycling Bin with Mika Boyd
- How to Boil Water in a Refugee Camp and Other Necessary Tips for Living with Michal Wisniowski
- Site Specific Participatory Soundscape Making with Kate Short
- Emulsification Lifting (transferring photos to paper with a simple easy to learn method) with Elizabeth Moran
- How to Make Your Own Moccasins with Teresa Baker
Here’s the full order of operations:
Step 1 (right now!): Click here to RSVP in advance: http://makersmimosas.eventbrite.com/. Make yourself a note to arrive by 12pm on the day of the event to be guaranteed a schedule.
Step 2 (12pm): Check-in to the SOMArts lobby to receive your two workshop assignments, chosen at random. If your workshops don’t appeal to you, do what you were never allowed to do in school: grab a drink & swap schedules socially with other students before the bell rings.
Step 3 (12:30pm): The bell rings for the first of two workshops. Each workshop lasts around 30 minutes.
Step 4 (2pm): Following a short break for socializing and refreshments, enter the SOMArts theater to enjoy an hour of film & video work by Fatema Abdoolcarim, Seamus Harte and David Olsson.