Friday Nights at OMCA: Swing Lessons, Blues & Off The Grid | Oakland
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Oakland Museum of California | 1000 Oak Street Oakland, CA 94607
Friday, September 6, 2013
Swing Lessons & Blues | Friday Nights at OMCA: Night Market & Off the Grid | Oakland
What to expect on September 6, 2013:
- Gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- DJ Dotmatic spinning funky soul and jazz from 5 to 7 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop with hands-on bridge building activity from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers & Tasters Series with Paige Icardi of Ferments and Flour with an herb butter making demonstration and a tasting of her herb shortbread cookies from 6 to 8 pm
- Swing and Lindy Hop dance lesson with Karen and Michael in the amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- LoveLight Blues Band, a six piece group, performing from 7 to 9 pm
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
Please note, the price for Friday Nights at OMCA has gone up to $7.50. It’s still a bargain considering their regular tickets are $15.