Friday Nights at the de Young: The Summer of Love Experience | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
de Young Museum | 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, San Francisco, CA
Friday, June 30, 2017
Friday Nights at the de Young | Golden Gate Park
Kick-start your weekend with free general admission, live music, art-making, cocktails, film screenings, panel discussions, lectures and exhibition tours, all in the name of art.
Join this Friday, June 30th, for the ongoing commemoration of the special exhibition, ‘The Summer of Love Experience: Art, Fashion, and Rock & Roll,’ including a guest lecture by Shaping San Francisco historian, Chris Carlsson, and our Page Views book club discussion of ‘The Girls’ by Emma Cline.
- Live music by The Terrence Brewer Quartet, 6:30–8:30 pm in Wilsey Court
- Page Views book club meet up, 7–8:30 pm in Piazzoni Murals Room
- Summer of Love guest lecture with Chris Carlsson, 7–8 pm in Koret Auditorium
- Closing reception for ‘Tools and Implements: When Function Becomes Form,’ by June artist-in-residence Whitney Lynn, 6–8:30 pm in the artist studio
- Mixed-media art-making stations