Girls In Tech Panel: Succeed Without Being a “Bossypants”? | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
111 Minna Gallery | 111 Minna St., San Francisco, CA
StumbleUpon is partnering with ScoutMob and Girls In Tech to host a meetup and discuss issues women face in leadership everyday in their career and personal life.
A panel of female technology professionals will address questions under the theme of “Can I Succeed in Tech Without Being a “Bossypants”?
This event will feature an opportunity to network as well as listen and question a panel of Bay Area power house women to share their wit and wisdom on women’s leadership skills. Come thirsty for cocktails and conversation as we are sponsoring a portion of open bar for the night in addition to several drink specials!
How do you balance a sense of confidence without coming across as too bossy, too mean, too “whatever”? Are the rules and regulations of the workplace different for women in technology?
Through humor, war stories and fact, we’ll address these questions:
- How does one succeed as a woman in tech without being perceived as a “Bossypants”?
- How is managing men in tech the same as or different from being managed by a man?
- How are women leaders perceived differently then male leaders in our society?
- When is the right time to start one’s own company or take one’s hobby to a professional level?
- Is it necessary to go to graduate school to be credible and be taken seriously as a woman in tech?
- How do you ask for a raise or promotion without looking “too pushy”?
- Can women succeed in tech without the support of a successful spouse/partner?
Panelists to speak include:
- Jesse Draper, CEO/Producer/Host of The Valley Girl Show
- Julia Hartz, Co-Founder and President of Eventbrite
- Leila Janah, Founder and CEO of Samasource
- Rashmi Sinha, CEO of SlideShare
And moderated by Liz Gannes, Senior Editor at AllThingsDigital
Feel free to start the conversation early by tweeting about the event with the hashtag #SFbossypants.