Halloween & Day of the Dead Party: Aztec Dance, Altar & Costume Making | Berkeley
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
South Berkeley Farmers’ Market | 63rd and Adeline Street, Berkeley, CA
Enjoy a cross-cultural Halloween and Day of the Dead celebration featuring live Caribbean music, Aztec dance, free costume making, and a Day of the Dead altar at the South Berkeley Farmers’ Market from 2-6:30 pm on October 29, 2013.
2013 Program Schedule:
- 3-4 pm: Asheba (Caribbean Music for Children of all ages)
- 4-4:30 pm: Aztec dance performance by Cuauhtli Mitotiani Mexica
- 4-5 pm: Free Day of the Dead Sugar Skull Decorating Activity – Longfellow Middle Cultural Art Class Instructor/Visual Middle School Cultural Art Class Instructor/Visual Artist, Rita Pettit
- 4:30-5:30 pm: Live Caribbean music by Asheba
- Day of the Dead Altar – created by Bay Area Hispano Institute for Advancement (BAHIA). The public is invited to bring an offering of any kind to add to the altar.
- Free All-Ages Costume Making – East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse
- Free Face Painting by Dede Bostian
- Science@Cal, hands-on science activities with UC Berkeley scientists (a part of the Bay Area Science Festival)
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
**Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Dia de los Muertos, East Bay, Fairs & Festivals, Free Stuff, Fun & Games, Halloween