Home » **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, Kids & Families
Hot Air Balloon Launch & Kite Festival | San Ramon
The San Ramon Art & Wind Festival blows into town on Sunday and Monday of Memorial Day weekend in San Ramon Central Park.
San Ramon Art & Wind Festival
Sunday-Monday, May 27-28, 2018 | 11 am to 6 pm
San Ramon Central Park, 12501 Alcosta Blvd., San Ramon
Typically, the festival includes nearly 175 fine arts & crafts booths, entertainment on four stages, world class kite-flying demonstrations, free kite making workshops, free children’s’ activities, food and beverage vendors, a non-profit info alley, displays and more.
View 2018 San Ramon Art & Wind Festival Schedule
Attractions throughout the festival grounds:
- Attractions Throughout the Festival Grounds- Art Gallery Exhibit by Festival Artist Glen Schofield – Community Center- Lindsay Dirkx Brown Gallery
- Festival Poster Signing & Meet the Artist – Monday 1:00-3:00pm
- Professional Skate Board & Scooter Demonstrations – Contests, demos & lessons by Rob Skate Academy – Skate Park, Daily 11:30am-5:00pm
- Free Kite Making Workshop- Community Center- Fountain Room- Kite Making may close early- supply dependent
- Professional Kite Flying Demonstrations – Ball Field 1, Daily 11:00am-6:00pm
Tethered Hot Air Balloon Ride – Ball Field 3, Daily 9:00am, weather dependent
- Memorial Day Program- Chevron Stage, Monday 3:00pm
- Helicopter Landings – Ball Field 4 behind Iron Horse MS track, Cal Star- Daily 12:00pm; Coast Guard- Sunday 1:00pm
- East Bay Regional Park District- Mobile Visitor Center – Alcosta side, near Tennis Courts
- City of San Ramon Community Info & Free Balloons – Inside City Hall
- Street Smarts- Bike Helmet Inspection & Fittings – Inside City Hall, Daily 12:00-2:00pm
- Coast Guard, Police & Fire District Displays – Bollinger Parking Lot next to City Hall
- Jaws of Life Demonstration – Bollinger Parking Lot near City Hall, Daily 2:30pm
- Hands-only CPR Demonstrations – Bollinger Parking Lot near City Hall, Monday
The annual San Ramon Art & Wind Festival will again include an early morning hot air balloon launch on Monday, May 27, 2013 only.
the 2013 launch will feature a variety of brightly colored balloons and a hang gliding demonstration. Attendees can get up close and look inside the balloons. This is a great opportunity for amateur photographers. The pilots will arrive and begin set-up between 5:30 and 6am. The actual launch will likely be between 6:30 and 7:30am depending on the wind and weather.
Best parking for the balloon launch is at the Iron Horse Middle School, 12601 Alcosta Blvd, San Ramon.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, Fairs & Festivals
, Kids & Families
Address: 12501 Alcosta Blvd., San Ramon, CA
Submitted by Johnny Funcheap