International Day of Yoga: Free Yoga Classes | San Mateo
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Central Park (San Mateo) | 50 East 5th Avenue, San Mateo, CA
Join the International Day of Yoga, held on the Summer Solstice, celebrating all that is yoga with the Peninsula Community. This year marks the third celebration of this worldwide phenomenon.
You can come to one of the events or stay for the entire time. Please bring your yoga mat and be sure to arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of each class.
They encourage you to use reusable containers for any food or water as they are hoping to make this a zero waste event.
The schedule is as follows:
- 8:30-9 am – Check in and save your spot
- 9-10:15 am – Jivamukti Yoga with Wendy Klein
- 10:15-10:45 am – Meditation with Wendy Klein
- 10:45-noon – Gentle Flow and Yin with Nicole Byrne
- Noon-1:15 pm – Gentle Flow and Yin with Nicole Byrne
- 1:15-2:15 pm – Gentle Flow and Yin with Nicole Byrne
- 2:15-3:00 pm – Family/Kids Yoga with Kathrin Higgen
“Yoga is an invaluable gift of India’s ancient tradition. It embodies unity of mind and body; thought and action; restraint and fulfillment; harmony between man and nature; a holistic approach to health and well-being. It is not only about exercise but helps to discover the sense of oneness with yourself, the world and the nature.” -Indian Prime Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi.