146th Annual Italian Heritage Parade | North Beach
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Washington Square Park | Columbus and Union Street, San Francisco, CA
Come to one of the city’s oldest celebration of heritage and longest-running Italian-American parades in the nation – a bright and colorful San Francisco institution on since it was established in 1868.
2014 Italian Heritage Parade
Sunday, October 12, 2014 | 12:30 pm
Fisherman’s Wharf to North Beach, San Francisco
The Parade action begins at 12:30 pm at the foot of Jefferson and Stockton Streets in Fisherman’s Wharf, proceeds south through North Beach on Columbus Avenue, and ends in Washington Square in front of Sts. Peter and Paul Church. Parade viewing is available throughout the route.
2014 highlights include:
- dozens of handcrafted parade floats featuring Bay Area businesses, community groups, and Italian organizations
- local high school Italian clubs and marching bands
- special appearances by “Christopher Columbus” and Queen Isabella and Her Court
- festive open-air dining and Italian wine and food specials at North Beach restaurants lining the Parade route
- performances by a variety of traditional Italian musicians and performance artists
- special appearances by Bay Area and Italian-American celebrities
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
Floats, North Beach, Parade
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Eating & Drinking, Fairs & Festivals, Kids & Families, Live Music, San Francisco