145th Annual Italian Heritage Parade | North Beach
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Washington Square Park | Columbus and Union Street, San Francisco, CA
Come to one of the city’s oldest celebration of heritage and longest-running Italian-American parades in the nation – a bright and colorful San Francisco institution on since it was established in 1868.
The Parade action begins at 12:30 pm at the foot of Jefferson and Stockton Streets in Fisherman’s Wharf, and ends in Washington Square where you’ll find a Ferrari Sportscar display and a variety of hands-on activities for children and families.
2013 Italian Heritage Parade
Sunday, October 13, 2013 | 12:30 pm
Fisherman’s Wharf to North Beach, San Francisco
- Dozens of handcrafted parade floats from Italian organizations and businesses
- Local high school Italian clubs and marching bands
- Special appearances by “Christopher Columbus” on his Santa Maria Float
- Queen Isabella and Her Full Court
- Festive open-air dining and Italian wine and food specials at North Beach restaurants
- Performances by a variety of traditional Italian musicians and performance artists
- Special appearances by Bay Area and Italian-American celebrities
ROUTE: From Fisherman’s Wharf, parade will head north up Jefferson, turn left on Leavenworth and then climb Columbus Avenue past Washington Square for a small loop before finishing there.
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
Floats, North Beach, Parade
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Eating & Drinking, Fairs & Festivals, Kids & Families, Live Music, San Francisco