Life is Living 2012: Hip Hop, Health & Green Living | Oakland
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
deFremery Park | 1651 Adeline Street Oakland, CA
Life is Living is a free celebration of urban life through hip hop, intergenerational health and environmental action taking place in Lil Bobby Hutton Park (officially DeFremery Park) in Oakland on October 13, 2012.
The festival features a DJ set by Talib Kweli and Isis, a tribute to Nina Simone.
Life is Living 2012
October 13, 2012, 11am to 6pm
Lil’ Bobby Hutton Park (DeFremery Park), 1651 Adeline Street, Oakland
Activities will include:
- Reflections of Healing mural project & exhibit
- Stem-Posium youth science exhibition
- Ill Science hip hop stage feat. Earth Amplified, YGB Gold and DJ Cavem
- Hood Games skate competition
- Artisan marketplace
- Food First teach-in
- Kids zone
- Oakland Youth Poet Laureate presentation
- Teachers Lounge
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
*Top Pick*, Club / DJ, East Bay, Fairs & Festivals, Fun & Games, Kids & Families, Lectures & Workshops, Live Music, Recurring - Annual