Life is Living 2013: Hip Hop, Health & Green Living | Oakland
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
deFremery Park | 1651 Adeline Street Oakland, CA
Life is Living is a free celebration of urban life through hip hop, intergenerational health and environmental action taking place in Lil Bobby Hutton Park (officially DeFremery Park) in Oakland from 10 am to 6 pm on Saturday, October 12, 2013.
The festival features a special set from hip hop duo Dead Prez and The John Santos Sextet, the Hood Games Skating Exhibition, the annual Estria spraycan art battle and much more.
2013 Life is Living
Saturday, October 12, 2013 | 10 am to 6 pm
Lil’ Bobby Hutton Park (DeFremery Park), 1651 Adeline Street, Oakland
2013 activities include:
- Mik Nawooj, Dynamic, Rico Pabon, YGB GOLD
- 6th Estria Invitational Graffiti Battle: Tribute to Mic Dream
- The Hood Games Skating Exhibition in Town Park
- The Food Justice STEMposium – Health Fair and Food Justice Exhibition ft. Peoples Kitchen, SOS Juice, thebiggerpicture.org, and special guests
- Reflections of Healing Mural Project Installation ft. Brett Cook
- The Oakland Bandits Girls Softball Clinic and Exhibition
- The Cipher ft. Do Dat, Tommie Sheppard and 30+ Bay Area MC’s
- Kids Zone ft. Youth Activism, Youth Performances, the West Oakland Read-in and other special guests and activities
- Art Engagement with renowned Bay Area Artists including: Favianna Rodriguez, Keba Konte, K DUB, Karen Seneferu, and many others
- Vendors, Food, Health Screenings, Barter Town, Swimming, and more
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
**Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Club / DJ, East Bay, Fairs & Festivals, Fun & Games, Kids & Families, Live Music, San FranFREEsco