2018 Fort Point Civil War Day | Presidio
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Fort Point | Fort Point, San Francisco
In honor of Living History Day 2018, experience first-hand the momentous era of the American Civil War with live re-enactors, infantry and artillery demonstrations, music, Victorian dance, and exhibits displaying medicine in the 1800’s, and the lives of men, women, and children of days past.
Talks and demonstrations will be held throughout the day.
2018 Civil War Day
Saturday, January 27, 2018 | 10 am to 5 pm
Fort Point, San Francisco
2018 Schedule of Activities:
- Flag raising ceremony at 10 am
- Infantry drills occur every hour on the hour
- Artillery discussions occur every hour on the half hour
- Concurrent demonstrations throughout the day – 1800’s medicine, musician, and civilian
- Flag lowering ceremony at 4:30 pm
The national historic fort is located at the south anchorage of the Golden Gate Bridge at the end of Marine Drive on the Presidio of San Francisco.
**Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Geek Event, History, History Comes Alive, Kids & Families, Lectures & Workshops, San Francisco, Theater & Performance