Sometimes you’ve just got to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city to enjoy the serenity of a national park. On certain “fee-free” days throughout the year, enjoy free entrance to all national parks and monuments including Muir Woods and Yosemite National Park.
Yosemite park waves their usual $20 per car fee, and Muir Woods is allowing free entry and free parking.
Free National Parks Day
Participating California National Parks:
- Cabrillo National Monument
- Death Valley National Park
- Joshua Tree National Park
- Lassen Volcanic National Park
- Lava Beds National Monument
- Muir Woods National Monument – Please note that a new reservations system is planned for Muir Wood beginning in fall 2017. Please visit nps.gov for updates before heading out.
- Pinnacles National Park
- San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks
- Whiskeytown National Recreation Area
- Yosemite National Park
Check out all the fee-free national parks in the nation.
Free Entrance Days in the National Parks | 2017
The National Park Service just turned 100 years old. Celebrate the start of our second century by visiting a park in 2017. During ten days of the year, all National Park Service sites that charge an entrance fee will offer free admission to everyone.
- January 16: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 20: Presidents’ Day
- April 15-16 and 22-23: Weekends of National Park Week
- August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- September 30: National Public Lands Day
- November 11-12: Veterans Day Weekend
Fee waiver includes: entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and transportation entrance fees. Other fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included unless stated otherwise.
In addition, any fourth grade student can get a free annual pass through the Every Kid in a Park program, and active duty military and citizens with a permanent disability can also get free passes. For more information about the variety of discounted passes available, please visit the America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass page.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, Charity & Volunteering
, Kids & Families
, San Francisco Bay Area
, Sports & Fitness
Submitted by Michie