National Puzzle Day 2013 Competition | Redwood City
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Kainos | 2555 Middlefield Rd., Redwood City, CA
Free to watch. $15 registration fee per participant to enter the puzzle competition.
The challenge: Teams of 4 people will compete to build a 1,000 piece puzzle the fastest. The winning team earns $500, 2nd and 3rd place teams earn $100 in gift certificates. The less competitive “family” level will build a 500 piece puzzle and earn a $100 cash prize for first place.
Free activities will include:
- Cheering on the teams that are competing
- Mini puzzle challenges (some with prizes)
- Live demonstrations by wooden puzzle artisans
- Try cutting a wooden puzzle yourself
- Learn some tidbits about the history of jigsaw puzzles
- Examine displays of very old to very new wooden jigsaw puzzles
- Selection of jigsaw puzzles available for purchase with 10% of sales benefitting Kainos Home and Training Center for adults with developmental disabilities
Here are the 2013 competition basics:
- Each team gets the same puzzle
- No one will get to see the puzzle until the starting bell rings
- No team substitutions after the starting bell rings
- Every team will have the same size table
- Each team may bring any props they wish to use during the competition
- No age limit for contestants for competitive level, but there must be one person under the age of 16 on each team in the family level
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE*
*Free to watch, $15 per person to competeCompetition, Contest, fun, games, jigsaw, puzzle
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Fun & Games, Peninsula