2015 National Puzzle Day Competition | Redwood City
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Kainos | 2761 Fair Oaks Ave, Redwood City, CA
In honor of National Puzzle Day (who knew?), here comes the great Jigsaw Puzzle Competition where teams of four people will compete to build a 1,000 piece puzzle the fastest. The winning team earns $500, with prizes for 2nd and 3rd place as well. A free puzzle given to every contestant.
2015 Jigsaw Puzzle Competition
Saturday, January 31, 2015 | 10 am to 3 pm
Kainos, 2761 Fair Oaks Ave, Redwood City, CA
FREE to watch, but there’s a $20 registration fee per participant to enter the puzzle competition.
- 9 am – Competition check-in
- 10 am – Start of Puzzle Competition
- 11:30 am – Wooden Puzzle cutting demonstrations through at least 2 pm
- 3 pm – Close of Competition
Free activities typically include:
- Cheering on the teams that are competing
- Mini puzzle challenges (some with prizes)
- Live demos by wooden puzzle artisans
- Try cutting a wooden puzzle yourself
- Learn some tidbits about the history of jigsaw puzzles
- Examine displays of very old to very new wooden jigsaw puzzles
- Puzzles and games to try out and for sale
The details may change from year to year, but here are the basics.
- Each team gets the same puzzle
- No one will get to see the puzzle until the starting bell rings
- No team substitutions after the starting bell rings
- Every team will have the same size table
- Each team may bring any props they wish to use during the competition
- No age limit for contestants for competitive level, but there must be one person under the age of 16 on each team in the family level
Read the rest of the rules (and there are a lot!)