Lunar New Year Festival 2013 | Oakland
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Oakland Asian Cultural Center | 388 9th Street, Oakland, CA
Elements of Chinese, Korean, Mongolian, Vietnamese, and Philippine cultures will be featured in the daylong celebration.
Lunar New Year Activities
Arts & Crafts | 11:00am-4:30pm
Featuring Artist Nancy Hom’s Mandala project, and exhibit curated by Raymond Tang. There will also be New Year Button-making with The New Hall, Hawaiian Paper Leis, Chinese New Year Paper Snakes, Chabana Japanese Flower Arranging, making a Fukuwarai Japanese New Year game, Vietnamese paper Dragons for Tet, and more.
Cultural Performances | 12:00pm-2:30pm
- China’s Spirit Music Ensemble
- Patty Chu’s Chinese Folk Dance Troupe
- Ger Youth Center
- Winnie Wong & Diana Rowan
- Judith Kajiwara & Hip-Hop Students
- Shaolin Buddhist Temple & Education Foundation
Cultural Performances | 2:30pm-3:30pm
- Ryu-Q Murasaki Daiko
- Halau Makana
- Judith Kajiwara & Butoh Dance Students
- Seibi Lee
- Chaandam Youth Dance Company
Artist Workshops | 3:45pm-4:30pm
Want to learn more about an art form you saw on stage? Here’s your chance to get a free, hands-on opportunity to check out these amazing artists and their craft up close.
- Intro to Kathak Dance w/Seibi Lee
- Intro to Hula w/Halau Makana
- Intro to Korean Drumming w/Dohee Lee & Adria Otte
- Intro to Shaolin Gong Fu w/Sheldon Callahan
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
**Annual Event**, East Bay, Fairs & Festivals, KFOG, Kids & Families, Live Music, Lunar New Year, San FranFREEsco, Theater & Performance