2013 San Francisco Parol Lantern Festival & Parade | SoMa
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Jessie Square | 736 Mission St., San Francisco, CA 94199
Celebrate in festive Filipino style at the annual Parol Lantern Festival & Parade, held in Yerba Buena Gardens and Jessie Square, where you can watch traditional, star-shaped Filipino Christmas lanterns called parols march along Yerba Buena Lane, along with live music, art, games and performances.
11th Annual Parol Lantern Festival and Parade
Saturday, December 14, 2013 | 5 pm
Jessie Square, Mission St. & Yerba Buena Ln., San Francisco
The theme for 2013 is “Liwanag para sa tanan: Enlightenment for All,” celebrating movement towards a better, more inclusive society for everyone, including immigration reform and equal rights for LGBTQ.
- 5 pm: Entertainment & Parol Gallery in Jessie Square
- Kulintronica – kulintang and electronica
- Cry Wolffs – electroviolin
- Ukulenny and Dane Hipolito – ukulele and vocals
- Chalk art by Paolo Salazar
- 6:15 pm: Parade Starts at Yerba Buena Gardens
- 6:30 pm: Music, Gimme Games, and Tala Awards in Jessie Square
Please note, in case of rain, outdoor activities will be cancelled and the festival will take place in St. Patrick’s Cathedral at 6:30 pm.
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
**Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, Kids & Families, Live Music, San Francisco, Tree Lightings & Holiday Festivities