Come Out and Play Festival 2012: Opening Night | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
SOMArts Cultural Center | 934 Brannan St. San Francisco, CA 94103
Saturday, November 17, 2012
Opening Night Party | Come Out & Play Festival 2013 | SF
Celebrate with Come Out and Play SF and SOMArts as we kick off three weeks of city-sized games for all ages.
RSVP and skip the lines on opening night.
Opening night party games include:
- Shadowplay: A large-scale street game projected directly onto the walls of the city! Players jump, dash, stretch and contort their shadows in a bid to score points by eclipsing objects floating through the game.
- Sixteen Tons: Four players face off in a strategy game that uses heavy sections of steel pipe as the game pieces. At the beginning of the game, players take out three dollar bills from their wallets to bribe other players into moving your pieces for you. The strategy element is simple to solve – but the social play of Sixteen Tons is impossible to predict.
- WANTED!: Maggie Durrant, head cowgirl at the Cowgirl Way Society, is WANTED by the law! 1-10 players take on cowgirl roles in this 30-minute interactive Western drama. SMS prompts build character and intrigue while cowgirls try to help Maggie get out of town.
- Shadoni: Players get to choose what songs a live band plays in this improv-based game–one night only at the opening reception!
- Hearst Collection: Players navigate an in-gallery laser maze to steal pieces from the Hearst family’s collection of priceless paintings and sculptures from the ancient and modern worlds. Security will be tight, so watch your step.
- Doodle Defense: A low-tech, whiteboard-based tower defense game in which players race to draw game pieces to beat the onslaught of bugs.
- The Board Game Lounge: A replication of your living room, but with brand-new board games made by local designers–the handmade Berlin Wall Game, The Cove, and Toy Fight, and the high-tech Sifteo cubes.