Come Out and Play in the Park: Saturday | SoMa
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Gene Friend Recreation Center | 270 6th St., San Francisco, CA
Saturday, December 1, 2012
Play in Victoria Manalo Draves Park | Come Out and Play Festival 2012 | SF
Join the first day of Come Out and Play Weekend on Saturday, December 1st from 12pm-5pm at
Victoria Manalo Draves Park, Folsom & 6th Streetfor a day full of fun outdoor games for kids and adults.
Venue Change Due to Rain - outdoor events scheduled for originally scheduled for Victoria Manalo Draves Park will now be played at SOMArts (934 Brannan Street near 8th St) or at Gene Friend Recreation Center (270 6th St. near Folsom).
RSVP to skip the lines.
Games on Saturday, December 1st at the Gene Friend Recreation Center (270 6th St @ Folsom):
- 12-2pm: Hula Hoop Tag (by Playworks), a fresh take on the classic game of tag; meant for participants of all ages, it will get your heart
- 12-2pm: Staccato (by Casey Lent, Ben Clarke, Reynaldo Vargas & Grant Reid), a two on two playground game in which the offense and defense face off to score points–but they can’t always move their feet!
- 12-2pm: Pinkball (designed by Ian Fraser, run by Heather Browning), a cooperative variation on classic “ball and stick” games.
- 1-3pm: Sloth Chase (by Albert Kong & Eric Rubin), a turn-based tag game of strategy and skill that slows players to a crawl as they navigate the cityscape.
- 2pm: Broom Ships (by Jonathan McKeever), a field game for large groups of players in which opposing sides try to keep their ships afloat as they navigate across the field
- 3-5pm: Humans vs. Mosquitoes (by Humans vs. Mosquitoes), a physical field game in which humans attempt to defeat mosquitoes by clearing out their breeding