Come Out and Play in the Park: Sunday | SoMa
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Gene Friend Recreation Center | 270 6th St., San Francisco, CA
Sunday, December 2, 2012
Come Out and Play in the Park on Sunday | 2016 “Come Out & Play” Festival | SF
Join the second day of Come Out and Play Weekend on Saturday, December 2nd from 12pm-5pm at
Victoria Manalo Draves Park, Folsom & 6th Streetfor a day full of fun outdoor games for kids and adults.
Venue Change Due to Rain – outdoor events scheduled for originally scheduled for Victoria Manalo Draves Park will now be played at SOMArts (934 Brannan Street near 8th St) or at Gene Friend Recreation Center (270 6th St. near Folsom).
RSVP to skip the lines.
- SUNDAY GAMES
Games on Sunday, December 2nd at SOMArts (934 Brannan St. between 8th and 9th):
- 12-5pm: Exhibition Games (featuring various artists)
- 12-2pm: ThirdPerson OuterBody Labyrinth (by OuterBody Experience Lab), a maze players navigate wearing video goggles to dislocate the sense of sight to a point high above.
- 3-5pm: Propinquity (by Lynn Hughes, Bart Simon, Modern Nomads), a mixed-media game designed to evoke both dancing and fighting that uses full body interaction and the use of sound and game play mechanics to produce an intensely social and physical experience.
- 12-4pm: Origami Fishing (by Emily Wong), a variation on the classic fishing game in which players make their own game pieces.
- 12-5pm: Lemonopoly (by Chach Sikes, Anselm Hook and Booka Alon), an app based game that pits Bay Area cities against each other in the quest to create lemon access
- 3-5pm: Kids vs. Parents (by Ian Fraser)
- 3-5: Obtain the Briefcase (by Julian Hyde), a street game of running, chasing, hiding, subterfuge, and the fight to locate one crucial briefcase
- 1-3: Pickpocket Junction (by Wise Guys Events), players loot while they commute, attempting to steal treasures from one another as they ride the train home
Games on Sunday, December 2nd at the Gene Friend Recreation Center (270 6th St @ Folsom):
- 12-2pm: Humans v. Mosquitoes (by Humans vs. Mosquitoes), a physical field game in which humans attempt to defeat mosquitoes by clearing out their breeding grounds, and mosquitoes attempt to defeat humans by depleting their blood supply
- 1-3pm: Sloth Chase (by Albert Kong & Eric Rubin), a turn-based tag game of strategy and skill that slows players to a crawl as they navigate the cityscape.
- 2pm: Broom Ships (by Jonathan McKeever)
- 2-4pm: Pinkball (designed by Ian Fraser, run by Heather Browning), a cooperative variation on classic “ball and stick” games
- 3-5pm: Hula Hoop Tag (by Playworks), a fresh take on the classic game of tag; meant for participants of all ages, it will get your heart
- 3-5pm: Staccato (by Casey Lent, Ben Clarke, Reynaldo Vargas & Grant Reid), fast-paced, a two on two playground game in which the offense and defense face off to score points–but they can’t always move their feet!