Record Store Day 2017: Prince Special Tribute, DJs & Giveaways | Amoeba SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Amoeba Music (SF) | 1855 Haight Street, San Francisco, CA
During Record Store Day on Saturday, April 22, 2017, hundreds of independently owned music stores across the world will simultaneously unite with the purpose of celebrating our culture and the unique place that record stores occupy both in their local communities and the world.
What’s happening in 2017:
Amoeba SF will have hundreds of limited edition, exclusive releases available that day in-store only. RSD product is limited to stock on hand and available on a first come, first served basis. No holds, no phone orders. Limit one copy per title per customer. We cannot accept any store coupons on RSD releases.
- Record Store Day Gift Bags with purchase (while supplies last).
- Live Silk Screening (11 am – 2 pm or while supplies last)
Special RSD 2017 design will be live screened onto a t-shirts, brought to you by our good friends at Free Gold Watch. A portion of the proceeds from t-shirt sales will go to a local charity.
- 20% off turntables, used DVD & Blu-Ray, posters & used books
- Ticket Giveaways on Twitter
Follow @AmoebaSF on Twitter for Fillmore ticket giveaways all day long.
Guest DJ Sets:
- Kick things off at 10 am with DJ Bearzbub – playing one of his extraordinary mixes that will have you punch-dancing through the crowded aisles, looking for that next piece of treasure.
- At 11:45 am welcome the return of the B-Side Brujas – soul and oldies jams that were made for Saturday afternoons.
- DJ Purple Jam graces the wheels of steel at 1:30 pm with a special tribute to Prince, featuring hard to find remixes and b-sides.
- Witness a multi-genre vinyl battle royale like no other during George Blenda vs. Outlaw Yoko. They pop out at 3:15 pm.
- Local favorite Jay Midnight closes out the day at 5 pm with great vibes and Hip-Hop realness.
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
**Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Club / DJ, San Francisco, Shopping & Fashion