Home » **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, San Francisco, Theater & Performance
2015 San Francisco Trolley Dances | SF
Each year, Epiphany Productions transforms the city’s streets into stages through San Francisco Trolley Dances, a series of free contemporary dance performances along a Muni line.
For the price of a Muni ticket, you’ll get a “hop-on, hop-off” Muni tour to experience an extraordinary lineup of Bay Area dance luminaries performing 8- to 15-minute pieces in response to the physical environment, architecture and history of the area.
San Francisco Trolley Dances is an annual, admission-free festival that has been dubbed “art for citizens” and “a gift to the City” by past attendees.
2015 Trolley Dances
October 17 – 18, 2015
Tours at: 11 am, 11:45 am, 12:30 pm, 1:15 pm, 2 pm, & 2:45 pm
Starting Point: Bay View Boat Club, 489 Terry A Francois Blvd, SF
FREE performances, but if you take Muni, fare is required ($2.25 adults; $1 seniors & youth)
In 2015, there are six two-hour tours on each of the two days. The event begins in the Mission Bay neighborhood. After a series of performances here, attendees board Muni’s T-Line to travel to a new set of performance sites in the Bayview neighborhood. The starting point is the Bay View Boat Club whose original structure dates back to the late 1930s.
At each site, trained volunteers greet audience members, while professional theater artists act as tour guides leading audiences along the performance journey.
> View 2015 Route Map
2015 Performances by:
- Byb Chanel Bibene, director of Kiandanda Dance
- Alex Ketley, director of The Foundry
- Amy Seiwert, director of Imagery
- Valerie Gnassounou-Bynoe, director of Yameci Dance Company
- Heather Baer, director of Cielo Vertical Arts
- SFTD Artistic Director Kim Epifano
- Line up for wristbands at Bay View Boat Club (489 Terry A Francois Blvd, SF) beginning at 10 am. Show up early as they often have given out all of the wrist bands hours in advance. Wristbands are given out on a first come, first serve basis.
- 80 wristbands are available per tour – there are 6 tours on Saturday and 6 tours on Sunday
- Tours start at 11 am, 11:45 am, 12:30 pm, 1:15 pm, 2 pm and 2:45 pm.
- Each tour lasts 2 to 2.5 hours if you take Muni
- If you want to go by bike, they have a handy Bike Map for you to use.
> Read Full FAQ
*Free to watch; if you take Muni, fare is required ($2.25 adults, $1 seniors & youth)
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, San Francisco
, Theater & Performance
Address: 489 Terry A Francois Blvd, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by Rena