The SF Underground Market VI | SOMA
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Farmers Markets have gone underground these days. This gathering of local professionals that don’t have the commercial kitchens required to qualify them for full-fledged farmers markets will give you a chance to taste their delicious wares that you can’t pick up anywhere else.
For June, the market will be split into two shifts. The first (11am to 4pm) will be focused on “take-homeables” — jams, produce, soaps, desserts etc. If you want to avoid the crowds, this is a good time to go.
The second shift (6pm to Midnight) will be mainly hot food that’s ready to eat. We’ll have music, drinks for sale, and workshops. If you want to drink, eat some food, listen to some music and hang out, come at night!
What: The San Francisco Underground Market VI
When: Friday June 4th 11am to 4pm; 6pm to midnight
Where: SOMArts – 934 Brannan Street (btwn 8th and 9th) / San Francisco, CA 94103
Cost: $2 and must RSVP here to get on list
– no need to reapply if you were already on the March 2010 list
- 11am-4pm: Day market: “take-homeables”
- 4-6pm: Intermission. The indoor market will be closed for the vendor changeover. We’ll have drinks and some hot food outside.
- 6pm-midnight: Night market: drinks, music, and hot food
- Music by The Brothers Comatose from 8:30-10pm, a really great Blue Grass band that recently played Hardy Strictly Bluegrass Festival.
How: Sign up for a free membership here
+ $2 admission: gets you in a raffle for 2 tickets to a Wild Kitchen dinner ($160 value)
A Note from the Event Organizers: The next SF Underground Market is happening June 4th at SomArts in SF from 11am-midnight. We’re changing the format a bit: selling drinks, charging a $2 admission to support the cost of the venue (you’ll get a raffle ticket too!), and extending the hours.
Please note that the event name has changed from the Underground Farmers Market to simply the “Underground Market”
Categories: *Top Pick*, Eating & Drinking, San Francisco, Shopping & FashionSubmitted by Johnny Funcheap