SFO’s New Terminal 2 Open House | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
San Francisco International Airport's Terminal 2 (T2) | 275 S Airport Blvd, San Francisco, CA
SFO is ready to unveil Terminal 2 (T2), its gorgeous and earth-friendly new home to Virgin America and American Airlines and is celebrating with a unique party and open house.
Sorry! All timed tickets for this event have been sold out.
In a one-day-only event that is unlikely to ever be repeated, SFO’s T2 Community Open House features food and beverages from the new tenants plus a score of other activities for the whole family:
- The T2 Skytracker Eco-Challenge: What’s your sustainability IQ? Compete in the Skytracker Eco-Challenge and see if you can score enough points to win exciting prizes and gifts. (incl. free flights.)
- Meet the Artists:The renowned artists who have new and reinstalled artworks displayed in T2. Learn about the art pieces, the inspiration, artistic medium, and creative process as you participate in simple but entertaining “hands-on” projects that will emphasize family participation, creativity and sustainability.
- Meet the Planes: T2 resident airlines American Airlines and Virgin America will each have activities and information to appeal to aviation and travel buffs of all ages.
- T2 Team and Sponsors: Learn about all the groups who have helped build T2 and participate in fun sponsored activities and games.
- Live Entertainment: A variety of Bay Area entertainment organizations and performers will be featured on three stages: Ticket Lobby stage, Recompose stage, and Boarding Area stage.
SFO Unveils Terminal 2: Free Community Open House
WHEN: Saturday, April 9, 2011 (noon to 5pm)
WHERE: San Francisco International Airport’s Terminal 2 (T2)
TICKETS: Free, but timed tickets required
The first airport terminal to achieve LEED Gold-registered certification, T2 exudes comfort and convenience in a beautiful setting — while simultaneously reducing carbon emissions. The terminal’s sustainable features include skylights, water-conserving plumbing, paperless ticketing, sustainable building materials, and energy efficient lighting, machinery, and air filtration. Other unique features include a Recompose area that offers travelers a beautiful place to regroup after completing security screening, rehydration stations where travelers can easily top off refillable water bottles, and the Bay Area’s favorite local, organic food purveyors, including renowned chefs Cat Cora, Tyler Florence and others.
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE*
*Must reserve your ticket in advance. Regular parking rates applydaytime, Entertainment, family, Free, games, grand opening, prizes, SFO, terminal 2
Categories: *Top Pick*, Fun & Games, Kids & Families, San Francisco, Walks & Tours