Sunday Streets 2012 | Western Addition
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Western Addition |
Sunday Streets is San Francisco’s official block party – a sorta-monthly roving neighborhood celebration where the streets are closed to vehicles so pedestrians, roller skaters, bicyclists, yoga classes… whoever can take over for an afternoon.
The September 9, 2012 event will take place around Western Addition/N. Panhandle, and Alamo Square.
- Dragon Boat Festival on Grove between Central and Baker
- REI climbing wall, disc golf games, free minor bike tune-ups, and photo booth on Baker between Grove and Fulton
- Live bluegrass jam hosted by Beauty Operators in Alamo Square
- Historical Fillmore Photo Exhibit on Fillmore between Golden Gate and Turk
- Roller Disco on Fillmore between Ellis and O’Farrell
- Free bike rentals and repairs and live music by Judgement Day 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Suttle Plaza
Sunday Streets | 2012
11a-4pm | March 11 to October 21 | FREE
While returning to popular areas along established routes, 2012 events will extend into new neighborhoods and include more diverse program elements that highlight each neighborhood’s unique character and often overlooked community attractions and institutions.
- March 11: Embarcadero- Season kick off
- April 15: Great Highway/Golden Gate park- new route through the park
- May 6: Mission
- June 3: Mission
- July 1: Mission
- July 22: Bayview
- August 5: Mission
- August TBA: Chinatown
- September 9: Western Addition/N. Panhandle Alamo Square
- October 21: Outer Mission/Excelsior
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
Categories: *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, San Francisco