Home » *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, Funcheap Presents, Live Music, San Francisco, Theater & Performance
Swing in the Square: Mitch Woods & His Rocket 88’s | Union Square
The 2018 Union Square Live festival presents dozens of free events like live music, swing and tango dance lessons, film nights, circus arts, and more in Union Square Park from May through October.
Union Square Live | 2018
May to October
Union Square Park, SF
All events are free and open to the public
Please note as far as we can tell, the 2018 kickoff is May 6 and not May 4th as was previously listed.
May 2018 Dates
- Sunday, May 6: 2-4 pm — Tango in the Square (DJ/Dance Lesson) with Bay Area Argentine Tango Association
- Wednesday, May 9: 6-8 pm — Jinx Jones & King-Tones (Rock/Oldies)
- Sunday, May 13: 2-4 pm — Crosscut (Blues/Rock)
- Wednesday, May 16: 6-8 pm — Stompy Jones (Swing/Blues)
- Sunday, May 20: 2-4 pm — Manring, Kassin, Burr (Avant-Garde/Jazz)
- Wednesday, May 23: 6-8 pm — Moonalice (American Roots/Folk)
- Sunday, May 27: 2-4 pm — Matt Jaffe (Indie/Rock)
- Wednesday, May 30: 12:30-1:30 pm — The Alcatraz Islanders (Hawaiian/Jazz)
June/July/August/September/October Schedules coming soon
Come and listen to live music from some of the Bay Area’s best roots bands, swingin’ jumpin’ rockin’ 1930s thru 1950s tunes to get you out on the floor and boogie.
Mitch Woods & His Rocket 88’s have been the torchbearers of a great American blues musical heritage, not for three years but three decades. Taking their inspiration from the great jump n’ boogie outfits of the late 40s and early 50s, they breathe fresh life into the music that gave birth to rock n’roll.
DJ music will be brought to you by Dj Tanoa “Samoa Boy”
6:00 pm: DJ music
6:15 pm: Live music
7:00 pm: Dance lesson with Jeff Kroll
7:30 pm – 8:00 pm: Live music
Categories: *Top Pick*
, Fairs & Festivals
, Funcheap Presents
, Live Music
, San Francisco
, Theater & Performance
Address: Geary and Powell, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by Lorie