The New Taste Marketplace: Saturday Food Fest | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
St. Gregory’s Church | 500 De Haro Street, San Francisco, CA
The New Taste Marketplace is a once per month gathering of over 25+ food makers, caterers, carts, and food trucks coming together to help raise money for the local Food Pantry of SF. The event takes place from 12-5PM on Saturday, June 23rd, 2012 at St. Gregory’s Church (500 De Haro Street).
Come buy lunch or early dinner while enjoying music, plus there’s tons of free samples available from many of the vendors.
New Taste Marketplace
Saturday, June 23, 2012 (Noon to 5pm)
De Haro & Mariposa, Potrero Hill, SF
- RSVP on Facebook for a chance to win a jar of artisan pickles from a local vendor!
June 23rd Live Music
- Brad Oregon and Keith Dion from Corsica
- Jeffery Slack from Prison Train
Folk-rock indie pop with psychedelic undertones
June 2012 Vendors
- Tru Gourmet - Cathy – Organic dim sum that is some of my absolute favorite in town. I hear she even served President Obama!!!
- 23 & Monkey Tree – Tom & Julia – Making refreshing home-made kombucha and hosting art events across the bay area w/ the Fire House Art Collective.
- Aunt Kitty’s Kreations – Kitty Myers = Jams, jellies, marmalades, chutneys, relishes, watermelon pickles, & herb-infused wine vinegars
- Simply Mochi – Linda Lo = Lemon curd, peanut butter chocolate, taro, strawberry cheesecake, seasonal chocolate-wrapped strawberry mochi, and bacon-wrapped mochi
- S+ S Gastro Grub: Simone and Sebastia= a local catering company, specializing in modern interpretations of classic comfort food.
- Red Circle Tea – Sina Carroll = Artisan, traditionally processed tea from China and Taiwan
- Old Skool Cafe – Joshua Kemble & students = Organic Nicaraguan coffee, by the pound and brewed.
- Two Bites – Mariebeth A. Arca = Mini-quiches and mini-desserts
- Confounding Confections - Artemis = Confounding Confections’ Hard Candies are made with vegan cane sugar, organic tapioca syrup, and natural flavours and colours.
- BreadSRLY - Bringing gluten-free and other specialty breads to the market. I even hear they might make you some grilled cheeses since I will be on the sidelines!
- Mo-Foods – Caterina = Spicy pickled oranges, umeboshi (Japanese pickled plums), preserved Meyer lemons, California capers (pickled nasturtium pods)
- Share | Kitchen – Caterina = new commerical kitchen space for all you curious cooks and bakers and makers who need a place to go professional!
- Vickles Pickles- Victor = Handmade cold cured single-barrel pickles made in San Francisco, CA
- Sweet Dragon Baking - Hway-ling – Formally Snap Dragon Baking. Candy–lots of different nut and seed brittles, like black sesame brittle, Day at the Ballpark (peanuts, pretzels, beer, mustard), ginger cashew, and others
- Frozen Khusterd – Jason – making all kinds of amazing frozen khusterd for the Bay Area
- JaBlow’s Meats - Dan – SF Weekly’s food blog SFoodie ranked their pastrami sandwich the #7 best sandwich. Need I say more?
- The Uncommon Pickle – Christian - These guys don’t just pickle pickles. They pickle a whole range of tasty veggies for you to enjoy!
- Chile Lindo – Paula – Chile Lindo puts forward Chile’s unique country-style home cooking, or cocina artesanal. On- premise baking of empanadas, pan amasado (homemade bread), and fine pastries
- Quiche & Carry – Deborah – Making delectable quiches and pies for your enjoyment!
- Petit Amuse – Ben – Making artisanal treat boxes for delivery from local makers and bakers!
- Paula Chan’s Goods – Paula – pre-packaged baked goods and candy
- Kevin and Gail’s Chili Palace – Gail and Kevin Kirst = Chili verde and red vegetarian chili, fresh & frozen