Home » *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Lectures & Workshops, San Francisco
“Little Worlds” Terrariums Hands-On Workshop | Macy’s Flower Show
The annual Macy’s Flower Show is a stunning celebration of flowers, food, art and music at Macy’s Union Square. For 2017 the theme is “Carnival.”
2017 Macy’s Flower Show
March 26 – April 9, 2017
Macy’s Union Square, San Francisco
(An RSVP may be required for special events. Please check individual events for more info.)
> 2017 Flower Show Event Schedule
Come one, come all to Macy’s celebration of the iconic American carnival, re-imagined with organic installations and floral arrangements throughout select Macy’s stores. Lose yourself in the quirks and delights of early 20th century fairs. Immerse yourself in the nostalgia of candied foods and the romance of old carousels. Fill yourself with orchestral music from Wurlitzer organs. Step right up and interact with the Flower Show in a whole new way.
- Free Starbucks – Stop by Starbucks on Level 4 and show your Flower Show brochure to receive a free tall drip coffee (one per customer, while supplies last, March 24-April 9).
- Vintage Playland carnival pieces from Playland-Not-At-The-Beach on display – like Laffing Sal and a vintage fortune telling machine.
- Vintage pinball carnival pieces from Pacific Pinball Museum
- Carnival fashion – Stop by Level 3 and marvel at the magnificent creations of students from the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising – all inspired by vintage carnival rides and attractions.
- Carnival-inspired fare at Burger Bar
- Free Hibiscus Tea with a purchase of select items at Tortilla Kitchen
Learn the tips and tricks for creating “little world” terrariums as they walk you through the process of creating a terrarium in any vessel. After the demo, create your own terrarium to take home.
Free, but an RSVP is required.
All materials & tools provided: mosses, succulents, air plants, dried flowers, mini figurines, shells, balsa wood flowers, includes one 4″ orb per participant. Plant care instructions included.
Emily Dreblow is the owner and creative director of Soulflower Design Studio. Her creativity is rooted in a conscious awareness for our interconnected environment and community and she has developed her unique modern, textural style alongside sustainable, trend-forward design techniques.
Categories: *Top Pick*
, Art & Museums
, Lectures & Workshops
, San Francisco
Address: 170 O'Farrell Street, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by Michie