2022 “Dia de los Muertos” 41st Annual Procession in The Mission (SF)
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
22nd & Bryant | 22nd St. and Bryant St., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
DiA de Los Muertos Procession in La MiSiON! Wednesday November 2, 2022.
Assemble at 22nd Street and Bryant Streets. The ritual procession will move through Bryant Street onto 24th Street, then along 24th Street onto Mission Street, then along Mission Street onto 22nd Street, and then move down 22nd Street; where it will end at Bryant Street.
41st Annual Dia de Los Muertos Procession
Wednesday, November 2, 2022 | Gather at 6pm
22nd and Bryant, San Francisco (The Mission)
Tentative Schedule (Subject to Change)
- 5:30p – Sand Art begins
- 6p – Gather
- 6:30p – Dancing begins
- 7p – Procession begins
- Procession takes approximately 1-2 hours (the dancers set the pace) with stops at Bryant and 24th and Mission and 24th for dances and invocations
- Procession ends at Bryant and 22nd.
- Afterward, make sure to stroll through the Mission to shop, eat and support the neighborhood businesses that desperately need your help.
Full List of Dia de Los Muertos Activities in The Mission
November 2, 2022
- Balmy Alley Presents: Day of the Dead, artists, merchandise and music from 12:30pm-9pm
- Altar Festival and Ritual Circle @ Parque Potrero del Sol, from 2pm-11pm. Ritual Circle at 5 pm Project Marigold Organizes
- Make Your Own Altar Workshop with Elizabeth Jimenez Montelongo, 5pm-6:30pm. , at the medicine for nightmares library
- 41st edition of the Day of the Dead Ritual Procession begins at 22nd and Bryant Streets at 6pm. , organized The Cultural Rescue Collective.
- Day of the Dead Community Celebration, Fashion Show, Concert and Living Altar, from 6-10 pm – at the Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts.
Produced by El Colectivo del Rescate Cultural honoring loved ones who have passed and Maestro Juan Pablo Gutierrez, founder of El Colectivo del Rescate Cultural.
According to the Aztec calendar, we are in the year ten Tochtli (rabbit). The day for November 2, 2022 is 5 Kozkakuautli (condor). Condor makes life where there is none. Tochtli in turn is governed by Mayahuel, goddess of the maguay and of fertility.
View this post on Instagram
Categories: *Top Pick*, Dia de los Muertos, Fairs & Festivals, In Person