Bay Area’s Summer Outdoor Movie Nights in 2022
Summer means the weather (usually) gets a little warmer in the Bay Area and all the outdoor movie screens pop up. So get ready to bring a blanket, pack a picnic (and smuggle in a bottle of wine) and watch a movie under the stars.
San Francisco hosts a free outdoor movie series with eight films in eight parks across the city.
- May 27 @ Dolores Park – Sister Act 2(sing-along) – sunset is 8:18pm + Oakland Interfaith Choir & Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence
- June 17 @ The Presidio, Civil War Parade Ground – The Rock(Rated R) – sunset is 8:34pm
- July 8 @ Union Square – Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home – sunset is 8:34pm
- July 29 @ Marina Green – Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows: Part II – sunset is 8:29pm
- August 19 @ India Basin Shoreline Park – Encanto (sing-along) – sunset is 7:57pm
- September 9 @ Alamo Square – Indiana Jones & the Raiders of the Lost Ark – sunset is 7:26pm
- September 30 @ Crane Cove Park – Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings – sunset is 6:53pm
- October 21 @ Jerry Garcia Amphitheater – Addams Family Values – sunset is 6:23pm + Halloween costume contest
Oakland – Waterfront Flicks
Jack London Square is home to Oakland’s Waterfront Flicks in June and July. Join in on Thursday nights on the Marina Lawn; films start at 8:40 pm.
- June 23rd: Spiderman No Way Home (PG)
- June 30th – Respect (PG-13)
- July 7th – Venom – Let There Be Carnage (PG-13) – Sponsored by 90’s Experience
- July 14th – Encanto (PG)
- July 21st – Dune (PG-13)
- July 28th – Raya & The Last Dragon (PG)
Berkeley – Movies in the Park
Berkeley hosts outdoor movie nights screened on a large 20’x12’ inflatable movie screen on Friday nights in various beautiful parks (park locations varies).
- July 29, 8:30pm – Wreck-it-Ralph
Strawberry Creek Park, 1260 Allston Way
- August 12, 8:15pm – Up
Glendale La Loma Park, 1310 La Loma Ave
- August 26, 8:00pm – Raya and the Last Dragon
Grove Park, 1730 Oregon St
- September 9, 7:30pm – Luca
Cedar Rose Park, 1300 Rose St
- September 23, 7:15pm – WALL-E
Codornices Park, 1201 Euclid Avenue
Alameda – Starlight Movies in the Park
Alameda hosts free family movie nights on select Fridays. Event starts at 6:30 pm with games and crafts for kids, and the featured film starts between 8:15 – 8:45 pm, depending on darkness.
- July 22 – Soul at Alameda Point Multi-purpose Field
- August 19 – Encanto at Alameda Point Multi-purpose Field
- September 16 – Sing 2 at Leydecker Field
Redwood City – Movies on the Square 2022
Redwood City hosts Double Features on Thursdays in Courthouse Square, June 9 through September 8, 2022. Kids movies starts at 6 pm, Bravemaker Independent Films start at 8 pm and Evening Feature Films start at 8:30 pm.
- July 28 – The Addams Family 2 & Respect
- August 4 – BraveMaker Film Fest & Spider-Man: No Way Home
- August 11 – The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part & Cruella
- August 18 – BraveMaker Film Fest & In the Heights
- August 25 – Luca & Black Widow
- September 1 – BraveMaker Film Fest & Ghostbusters: Afterlife
San Jose – Starlight Cinemas
San Jose hosts free summer outdoor movies select Saturdays at dusk in St. James Park.
- July 30 – Zootopia
- August 20 – Sing 2